Thursday, July 30, 2009

Feeling hot, hot, HOT!

We have been having record breaking temperatures in our state this week. The problem with Washington is... it doesn't get hot here very frequently so the majority of houses don't have air conditioning. Our house, being in that category, reached temperatures in the 90s during the day! Thank goodness, we have an air-conditioner in our bedroom so Casey can take naps and if needed, we can hang out in there.

My sister and her family came down, so we were able to take them out on our boat for the first time. Watching the cousins together as they skidded along the water in our tube was the best. Jacob kept giving us the "thumbs down" sign to show that he wanted to go slower, but Maddie and Travis couldn't get enough! So I took them on the tube while Uncle Adam curved around faster than I have ever gone before. How is it that I was screaming at the top of my lungs while my niece and nephew were grinning the entire time? They are brave souls.




My dad and stepmom came on the boat with us also. I am always appreciative that my stepmom is willing to hold Casey so I can get a break out on the water!


What else have we been doing to stay cool? One day, we found an area of shade on the lake so we stopped to anchor the boat. It was really nice just to lounge around on our tube and swim in the lake. We were thrilled to see Gavin inch his way to the back of the boat and slowly ease himself onto the tube! Maybe we didn't damage him for life after all. Jacob, who is usually scared to swim in deep water, jumped in the lake and swam all around in his life jacket. Two major feats in one day.

Other than that, we have been hopping around air-conditioned places like the YMCA, Costco, Target... anything that will keep us away from melting in our house. It's supposed to cool down in a few days. I'm definitely ready for it!

Here is Jacob working on his first 500 piece puzzle. He has been asking me buy him one forever and I kept telling him that it was too many pieces. Finally, I decided what the heck. If he really wants to try a 500 piece puzzle, let him try a 500 piece puzzle. He actually got a great start today (with the fan blowing beside him :) so we'll see how many hours it takes. Hey, at least he's entertained, right?

Here is Casey in the same wardrobe he has spent the last several days in. ;)

2 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

I hope that the temp. goes way down when I get there because my mom doesn't have AC!! Payton is notorious for wearing her diaper around here too:) Try to stay cool. I will call you next week so we can get together. We can always do a small pool party:)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Oh, I remember that heat! Spending time at the mall and Target is about the only thing you can do, too!

The boys are getting so big!