Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Our last first haircut

I decided to get Casey's first haircut on the same day that Adam had a vasectomy scheduled. I guess I figured I would get two emotional things out of the way on the same day. ;) After three boys, Adam was more than ready to be done making babies. I was shedding some tears about it at first, because I have loved going through all of those exciting milestones that come with a baby. That's when I came to the conclusion that it wasn't that I wanted four kids... it was just a little sad watching these milestones with Casey for the last time.

There are several things that helped give me peace about the situation. One is the fact that my husband is a pilot. So there will be times when I have to take all three boys grocery shopping or to the emergency room. There will be several consecutive days when I am taking care of them by myself from the time they wake up to the time they go to bed. There will be times when they will all get sick. There are seasons when we will want to travel without losing our minds. Most importantly, we want to be able to give each of our boys enough love and individual attention. I came to the realization that at some point we all have to say goodbye to that "baby" stage of our life... as precious as it is.

I am really glad we decided to have three kids though. I have come to love the fact that they are all boys and dream about them being the best of buddies as they go through life together. I love watching them interact, I love experiencing the joys of childhood with them, and I love being their mommy. I just need to soak in the cute stages they are currently in and focus on the most important goal... raising them to be Godly men.

On that note, here are some pictures of Casey's haircut.

Before...


He was such a good boy and was more than happy to hold still while he played with the fun toys.
Here is an "after" picture from later on that day.

2 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Funny you all are coming to the same conclusion we are about number four-I just don't think I can handle a fourth, and I want to be the best mom to all three that we have, and give enough individual attention.
However-my hubby is VERY afraid of that kind of doctor...so I keep telling him we just may have a fourth... ;)

Heather Mattos said...

It is sad to say goodbye to all the milestones I am sure because they grow up too fast! You will have much more to look forward to as they grow older. Your boys are very lucky to have you as their mom because you give them your all. I am thinking of you. I know what it is like to start and end a day with a little one(not 3, sorry)..I wish you all the best.