Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A family weekend

We haven't seen Adam's brother and his wife in eighteen months, so it was really exciting to spend the weekend with them. The first night, we got out all of our toys (Peter on the go-cart, Adam on the mini-motorcycle, Jacob riding his bike, Gavin riding his quad, and Casey in his stroller ;) and just played and raced each other all evening. They we came home, had a campfire with s'mores, and talked the night away while the boys were sleeping.

The next day, we went on our boat. It was supposed to be the last nice day of this Indian summer, so we took advantage of it. I have to admit, I'm pretty sad to put it away for the winter... especially since I just got the hang of wakeboarding!

Jacob with Aunt Melisa

Gavin with Uncle Peter



On Saturday, we got to hang out with Grandpa Holmes

GG (Grandma Gayle)
Cousin Olivia and have some boy cousin time. All on their own, they grabbed hands and played ring around the rosie. It was so cute!

Sunday was my nephew's birthday, so the boys were really excited to celebrate with him. My sister was telling me that Jacob was the only person Travis kept asking to come to his party, so she decided to make it a family celebration and rent ponies for all of the cousins. It was adorable. (I think about how many times we've waited in an hour line line to have a two minute pony ride!) The boys were led on their own ponies while the adults followed them on horses. We rode into the woods, up and down hills, and along trails together. It was a beautiful day and definitely one I'll always remember.


We're ready!

I don't remember what my sister was laughing about, but I LOVE this picture of her. I'm so glad I was able to capture the moment.

The birthday boy on his horse. He was so excited!

1 comment:

Heather Mattos said...

what an adventure-filled weekend! I wish I were there to join in on the festivities because it sounded like so much fun. I am glad you were able to enjoy such a wonderful weekend with those you love.