Wednesday, September 16, 2009

And THAT takes care of THAT

Today was Gavin's appointment to see what the dentist wants to do about the tooth that was knocked up into his gums. Little did I know, we wouldn't be finding out what the dentist thinks about that tooth.

Because he knocked it out.
All by himself.
I'm not kidding.

It was crazy actually. We were getting ready to go out the door to Gavin's dental appointment. I went to get my shoes and when I turned back around, I saw that Gavin had fallen. It wasn't anything that looked or sounded tragic, he just fell on our tile floor. Under closer observation, I saw that his mouth was bleeding. Under even closer observation, I saw his tooth (root and all again) lying right beside him.

My first thoughts were... Are you kidding me?! Again? How does this happen? Seriously! It stopped bleeding really quickly though and Gavin seemed fine. More than fine actually. I kept asking him if his tooth hurt, but he said it was all better (10 minutes after it happened). I'm telling you, this kid is made of steel.

How convenient that I just happen to have a dentist appointment, right? After talking with the dentist, I felt a lot better about the whole situation. He said that the root of the tooth had most likely detached from the bone during the first fall. (That explains why it was knocked out so easily.) Also, if the root had detached from the bone, Gavin most likely would have had to have it removed by an oral surgeon. So the dentist seemed to think it was a blessing in disguise. Gavin just took care of it himself so he didn't have to have oral surgery.

And THAT takes care of THAT.

2 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

!!!!
How crazy is that??!!

Mike, Laura, & Makenna said...

Oh my gosh! Crazy.