Saturday, January 23, 2010

La-weeee!

This is what Jacob thinks we are saying when we ask if he wants to play the Wii. (He thinks it is short for Luigi.) We just got a Wii for our family Christmas present and everyone in our family is pretty much addicted. :) Even Casey grabs the remote and says "Wee-wee-wee!"

We didn't realize that Jacob had gotten used to the fact that we usually play a game together before bed. So we were at Home Depot the other night when he looked at his watch and said, "Mommy! It's 7 o'clock! We need to get home right now to play la-wee!" Out of sheer curiousity, I asked him if he would rather go home and play the wii or go to Krispy Kreme to get a donut. With no hesitation, he said wii. Really?... because I would totally pick the donut.

Anyway, it has been really fun. For Christmas, the boys got Toy Story Mania, Super Mario Brothers, and MarioCart. In addition, Daddy got a motorcycle game and Mommy got Band Hero.

Adam and I actually started playing Band Hero secretly before Christmas. I know, I know, we are terrible. It actually worked out really good though because when the boys opened up their games on Christmas, everything was already set up! Yes, Santa is that magical. ;) I LOVE Band Hero. It's like Guitar Hero or Rock Band, it just has more pop songs like Taylor Swift. Adam likes the guitar best and I like the drums, so it works out really well! I'm also grateful that Adam doesn't mind if I belt out the songs, even if they are in the wrong key. ;)

Jacob and Gavin are a little too young for this one, but they liked trying it out. I think it will be really fun when they are older! ;)


We actually haven't tried many of the games yet, due to the fact that they are both in love with Super Mario Brothers and want to play it every night! I remember telling Adam a few years ago that all I wanted was a Nintendo so I could play the old mario brothers game again. So I can't even describe how excited I was when Wii came out with this new and super high tech version! It really is soooo fun. The best part is that we can all play simultaneously. There is no waiting for a turn and if one anyone dies, they come back to life in a bubble. (Gavin is in a bubble most of the time, but he is totally ok with it ;) As soon as another family member pops the bubble, they are back in the game! This makes it so there are almost no arguments the entire time we are playing. Love it. The only drama is the tears when it is time for bed. :)
In this version, Mario and Luigi can have special flying power. You shake the wii console and they fly into the sky. This is the boys' favorite... they get so excited! Their other favorite thing is the little dinosaurs Mario and Luigi can ride on. They can stick out their tongue and eat the mushrooms and turtles. They can even eat Mario and Luigi and spit them back out, which is pretty funny!

2 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

We are addicted to La- Wee too! I am going to have to check out the Band Hero game because I think I would like that one better than Guitar Hero. Happy Gaming!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

We are addicted as well to the Wii-We like the sports-Tennis, and bowling are the bomb...and Dance, Dance, Revolution and Wii fit are AWESOME!!!