Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Nine years ago

If I only knew when I was walking down the aisle on January 6th, 2001 that nine years from then I would...

*be more in love with my husband than ever.
*have three amazing boys who bless my life everyday.
*see their daddy making it a priority to love on and play with them.
*be soaking in every minute of being a stay at home mom.
*be so proud that my husband was hired to fly for the company of his dreams.
*be part of a great church and small group who loves God.
*know what a difference it makes to read the bible and pray with my husband.
*admire how honest, loyal, and caring he is... and that he would do anything in the world for me.
*be living the life I had always dreamed about.

If only I knew all of that... I would marry my husband all over again in a heartbeat. It's not always easy and there are many days filled with chaos, but we are a team and work together to make our boys and each other feel loved.
____________________________________________

Not only did my husband get to stay home for Christmas, but his crew ended up coming home FIVE days early so we were able to spend our anniversary together too! My mom happened to be at our house helping me with the boys, so Adam surprised me by reserving a super nice hotel room in downtown Tacoma. We were within walking distance from several restaurants, but I couldn't bring myself to try anything new with the Melting Pot nearby. For us, nothing can ever beat that place. ;) We stopped at a dueling piano bar for a few minutes, but decided we would rather lounge (with a glass of wine and appetizer) next to the beautiful gas fireplace in the hotel lobby. It was so nice not to have to rush home at a certain time to pay the babysitter. It was such a perfect night.

3 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

Happy Anniversary! You brought tears to my eyes when you talked about your marriage:) I wish you all the best.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

How sweet. Happy Anniversary!!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Congrats you guys! I'd have chosen the Melting Pot too! Many happy memories there!