Monday, August 23, 2010

Casey's 2nd Birthday

Casey has developed a recent passion for trains. I'm not sure if passion even describes it, obsession is probably a better word. He eats with Thomas, sleeps with Thomas... and pretty much clutches onto him wherever we go. At least it made it easy to come up with a birthday theme! :)

Train tracks...

My sweet Maddie girl was quite the party hostess. She greeted everyone outside with party hats, party blowers, and train badges. She also drew little pictures of Casey and taped them all over the house. :)
I remember reading online about trackless trains and immediately thought it would be fun to have one for Casey's party. I didn't think it would be possible... mostly because I didn't know how much they were, where I could rent one, and it was only a few weeks before his birthday. Imagine my excitement (and Casey's excitement :) when it all came together and ended up working out!!

Here it is!! The conductor said we had an ideal little neighborhood loop to take the kids for a ride.

Casey had a great time and I think his friends did too. :)






It didn't take long for Casey to find his cake!
I think all he really wanted to do was take the Thomas off though. :)
Choo! Choo!

Mommy showing Casey how to blow out the candles.

He needed some help though...

Then he got his trains!!

His daddy convinced him to try the cake too. :)


Time for presents!


Thanks for barbecuing Daddy!
The girls my boys are going to marry!

Of course, Red Robin was the unanimous vote for Casey's birthday dinner. :)

These people are singing for me?!

Some for me...

some for my daddy!

We love you Casey Josiah! Hope you had a super special birthday because you are super special to us.

1 comment:

Heather Mattos said...

It looks like his bday party was a blast! Having the train ride was a brilliant idea by the way. I wish we could have come. glad you all had fun:)