Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Pacific Science Center

When Adam is on a trip, I tend to stay home more than usual.  I definitely have opportunities to get out, especially while the older ones are in school and if my mom is visiting... but I don't venture out alone with three of them all too often.  ;)  Today I decided to risk chaos though.  It was going to be a long weekend, I didn't have any plans, and I just wanted to do something fun!  So here we are at the Pacific Science Center. There just aren't as many meltdowns and arguments with entertainment around every corner!  

Trying to "pull" the pulley.  :)
   Gavin said, "Look at me mommy!  I did it.  My muscles are so very strong!"
 I think my favorite part of the day was watching three boys figure out teamwork.  I was amazed how well they shared and worked together to accomplish things!
 They lifted a crane together...
 Put together a puzzle...
 Balanced the ball mid-air...


They even remembered Daddy's favorite thing from the last time we went.  He would be so proud.  ;)
Putting together an insect...
"AHHHH!  You're not doing it right!"  (Okay, so they had some not-so-good moments of teamwork.  ;)
 They loved the silly mirrors!


 I think Jacob's days are numbered in this lil' tots area though!

 Once Casey found the helicopter, I. could. not. pull. him. away.

He even found a lil' co-pilot.  :)
 Checking out at the sea animals...
... and diving right in!

 Jacob LOVES learning about the earth and planets, so he was beyond excited to explore the planetology exhibit.
 That T-Rex is a little scary though!

 Watching mommy's penny spiral around and around
 Entranced by the beautiful butterflies





 We met up with some friends at the Hawaiian exhibit.
 They got to make real leis!  

 The lady in charge asked to take a picture with Jacob.

 Making 3-D glasses

After we got home, we were all talking about our favorite part of the day.  I asked Casey if he saw dinosaurs and he said, "I saw da budderflies!  Da budderflies!"  It was so sweet.  I couldn't believe he came up with his favorite thing all on his own!  He is still talking about it...

So all in all, yes.  It was definitely worth chancing the chaos.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Oh wow! It looks like so much fun! Jameson's g-pa is jonesing to take him there so hopefully this summer we'll go when he's a little older and can appreciate it. Your pictures really sell it, lol!