Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Love.

Love is an amazing thing.
 Sometimes people wonder if it's possible to love an adopted child as much as a biological child.
 The answer is yes.  Absolutely, positively, wholeheartedly, yes.
 After all, love isn't purely a biological thing.  Think about how much you love your husband, good friends... (and think about how much God loves you! ;)
 Ephesians 1: 4-5 
How blessed is God!  And what a blessing he is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in him. Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ.
 Gavin asked me one day, "Mommy, do you love Ella as much as you love us?"
 YES.  Yes, I do.
I fell in love with Ella as soon as I laid eyes on her first little referral picture.
  I knew she was the one God had handpicked especially for us.
 The love that filled my heart when I met her six months later was indescribable... my pounding heart, nervousness, and fears just faded away.  When I held her in my arms, emotion overcame me just as when I held our boys for the first time.  It felt like she had always been mine, and now she always will be.  To God be the glory.
 People always tell me how blessed Ella is.  But truly, WE are blessed.  We are blessed that God entrusted us to take care of this sweet little girl for the rest of our lives.  We are blessed every time she smiles, laughs, and blows us kisses.   
  There's nothing like the experience of adoption.
 It's challenging, emotional, and overwhelming at times... but it's such a beautiful thing.
 I found this poem that I love...  

I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.
For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you
The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.

Author Unknown

2 comments:

Missy said...

I LOVED reading this yesterday. You should be a spokesperson for adoption because your posts are so inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Thanks Missy! I always appreciate your sweet comments! Adoption is such a huge piece of my heart and I love sharing it. :0)