Sunday, April 14, 2013

Easter!

 More than anything, we really want our kids to understand the true meaning of Easter.  When asked what Easter is all about, I don't want them to say candy or Easter egg hunts or the Easter bunny.  We still sprinkle a few of these things into our day...  I just want the focus to be on Jesus, talking about His incredible sacrifice, and celebrating the joy of His resurrection!  Our MOPS group made resurrection eggs, which I have always wanted to make, so I was really excited!  Starting twelve days before Easter, there is a plastic egg with something inside that tells part of the Easter story.  I truly underestimated how much they would love and look forward to this each night.  I can't wait to continue this tradition in the years to come!  We also took Jacob and Gavin to the Good Friday service at our church.  There were stations, each one with props that told part of the Easter story (many were the same props that were inside our Easter eggs!)  Adam sat down with Gavin and I sat with Jacob as we talked about each station and prayed with them.  Then there was a team leading worship and communion.  It was such a meaningful night!

On Easter morning, the kiddos woke up to baskets and the Old/New Testament Brick Bible (Bible stories with pictures in legos!) for them to share.  

 Ella was in awe

 Checking out their new book!

 Helping mommy bake cinnamon rolls!  Mmmmmm!
 I think I see some eggs hidden out there??
 Gearing up for the hunt!

 And they're off!!!
 I found one!


Ella carefully and patiently picked up a few eggs... 


 ...then sprawled out to see what treasures she found!
 Casey spotted the golden egg (after Daddy gave him LOTS of hints!)
 He wasn't about to let his brothers try to take it either!
 A squinty cheese!  Thankful for the beautiful day!!
 Then we went to church!
 There was an Easter egg hunt there too.  :)


 Happy Easter!!


No comments: