Friday, February 15, 2008

What?!

My dad and step-mom were over for dinner the other night, when I heard Jacob spelling something. He's been trying really hard to sound words out lately and actually does a surprisingly good job. For example, he'll say, "Whistler. R-I-S-L." Not bad, huh? ;)

Well, this time I heard him spell S-E-X. My head immediately spun around with a huge question mark on my face. He could not be spelling what I think he's spelling? Then I heard him again. S-E-X. I looked at Adam and said, "Ummm, are you listening to what Jacob is saying right now?" I have NO idea what my dad was thinking. Probably... what the heck are you teaching this kid?! ;)

I finally figured out what he was spelling the third time. He said, "Snakes. S-E-S." Ohhhhh. S-E-S... thank goodness! Because I'm definitely not ready to have the S-E-X talk yet. ;)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That's hilarious. We've had that feeling too, the, "did you just hear what he said?" feeling! So far, it's been innocent too. : )