Monday, February 18, 2008

Florida, here we come!

So here I am, blogging from the airport. How cool is that?! Then again, I'm pretty easily amused. :) Adam's brother is getting married this weekend and it just so happens that he lives in Orlando, Florida! Does it get any better than that?!

We debated on whether or not to bring the kids for awhile. The more we thought about it though... a five hour flight, three hour time difference, the rehearsal dinner at a fondue restaurant, tag-teaming the kids during the wedding... the more we thought it would be better to take grandma up on her offer to watch them. So right now, they are having fun with grammy and their cousins (who live right down the street).

Meanwhile, Adam and I will be spending some quality time together in Disney World! I've never been there, so I can't wait to see all of the different places that are wrapped up into one package. We're renting a house for the week with Adam's parents, brother, and sister-in-law (they left their little one at home also). There's even a pool and jacuzzi there. Words cannot describe how excited I am!

Our vacation is off to a great start as we are flying stand-by and have gotten on all of our flights with ease so far. We had dinner at Anthony's in Sea-Tac, with a beautiful sunset and planes taking off in the background. So. relaxing. I'd forgotten what going out to dinner is like without kids. You almost don't know what to do with yourself. Almost. ;) Right now, Adam is seeing if he can give me a private tour of his airplane, the MD-80. AND there is one first class ticket left on the flight to Orlando. I'm pretty much LOVING my husband for offering it to me. Yeah for perks!

We'll be back next week. I'll try to bring back some sunshine!

3 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Sounds like fun...hope you have a relaxing week!

Much better then Brad's sisters wedding in April...I have to fly alone with the 3 girls to CA from NJ and then meet Brad who will be coming from Europe. We'll only have about 48 hours together as a family, all consumed by wedding, and then flying back home to NJ!

Your wedding sounds more fun!

Tylertopia said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you guys to get to spend this time together. Sounds like some awesome adventures are ahead for you at Disney World. LUCKY!!! Definitely bring some sun back with you OK? And...lots of photos too.

Kathy said...

Sounds awesome. Have a fabulous time! It's been a year since our Disney trip. Enjoy every magical minute! And no waiting in line with kids!!!