Saturday, March 15, 2008

A misunderstanding

Adam and I went out for the night, so our neighbor came over to babysit. She does really well with our boys and they are always sleeping soundly when we come home. The funniest thing was when I went upstairs to check on them.

At first, I just looked at Jacob gently tucked under the covers. Then I did a double-take... what a second, is he naked?!? I soon discovered that he wasn't naked, just lying there in his underwear. The pajamas I left out for him were still neatly folded on his bed. I was totally, completely puzzled as to why they weren't on him.

Then Adam reminded me of the conversation I had with Sara before we left. I was telling her that he sleeps in his underwear now. (Last time, he had pull-up on underneath his pajamas.) So I had meant that he sleeps in his underwear, not a diaper. I didn't mean ONLY in his underwear. I wonder what he said when she put him to bed that way!! Once we figured out what happened, we were laughing hysterically on his bed. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

2 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

That is VERY funny. Did you ever find out what he said to the babysitter?

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I'm not sure... he just woke up very happy and told me that he slept in his underwear last night!