Monday, May 05, 2008

Productive with a capital "P"

So I'm pretty sure that I want my mom to move in with me. ;) Adam is flying for the military for the next two months, which means longer trips. I'm not a big fan of him being away... for any amount of time. The only thing that cheered me up was my mom telling me she would stay with me when he was away. And I have loved every minute of that.

Today, I dropped Jacob off at preschool and came back to my mom in the backyard. I haven't touched my backyard since last summer. Probably because I pretty much despise weeding more than anything. But you know what? When you have someone helping you, it's actually not that bad. It was so nice to be able to do double the amount of work in half the time. We made our way around the backyard, finished the front yard (that I started yesterday), and then my mom even wanted to mow the lawn for me (with Jacob's help)!


After all of that, we filled Jacob and Gavin's sandbox with new sand, watched Tom Cruise's 25th anniversary of being a movie star on Oprah, fed the boys dinner, and made homemade caramel corn for Jacob's snack day at preschool tomorrow.

In my life, it just doesn't get any more productive than that. Thanks mom... you're the best!

1 comment:

Tylertopia said...

Niice! The yard look great! What a sweet mom you have. Hope Adam's time away goes super fast. :o)