Thursday, May 22, 2008

Summer nights

Adam and I have wanted to buy a firepit forever. We finally decided to do it when the weather was gorgeous this past weekend. I have to say, it was one of the best purchases we have made in a long time.

There's nothing better than sitting outside on a warm summer night, hearing the fire crackle, talking about life, making s'mores... We loved it so much that we have built a fire and cuddled outside together every night since we bought it. Jacob calls it "pretend camping." Which I interpret as getting to enjoy the luxury of camping, except you don't have to go to bed on the cold, hard ground reeking of smoke.

Jacob and Gavin were so excited as they watched their daddy make a fire. They saw Adam blowing on the flame to keep it going, so they tried to help.



The downfall of firepits... when your two year-old decides to play with the ashes the following day. Seriously, that stuff does NOT come off! I was scrubbing him in the bathtub forever, not to mention scrubbing everything he touched on the way up to the bathtub. Totally brutal.

3 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Oh my goodness, I have no idea what would get the ashes off! I bet the Magic Eraser would work on the house, but what about on Gavin? No clue!

I love that idea. My parents have a chiminea and we roast marshmallows in it, too.

Miss you guys!

L

Tylertopia said...

Awww, I love that photo of Jacob and Adam roasting together. Such wonderful memories you are creating. :o)

Anonymous said...

That is just perfect!!! Such a two year old thing to do! Poor Kerri ; )
Wendi