Sunday, February 15, 2009

A day in Kaanapali


My favorite beach in Maui is in Kaanapali, so we decided to make a day trip out of it. We read in a book that just north of Kaanapali was a beautiful hiking spot, which lead to the Nakalele Blowhole. If your timing is good, you can watch this blowhole shoot up to 100 feet of water into the air! The hike was the most beautiful picture of God's creation... intricately carved rock leading you closer and closer to the blowhole. The directions were almost like a treasure hunt, so that made the hike even more exciting!





Salt water was spraying us everywhere! I totally thought my camera was going to get ruined...

After our hike, we went for a swim in a pool by Kaanapali beach. Casey loved trying to grab these rocks and put them in his mouth! I saved him though.

We ate dinner at a restaurant right on the beach, so you could kick your shoes off and bury your feet in the sand. I wish we had restaurants like that here!

1 comment:

Heather Mattos said...

You look like you had a fantastic time in HI! I adore the picture of you holding Casey while in the water..priceless:)