Friday, February 06, 2009

Pineapple, coconuts, and warm sand

Tomorrow we are leaving for Hawaii! I am so excited that I can hardly stand it. My dad has a condo in Maui and now that Adam flies for Alaska, it's basically a free vacation. We had to take advantage of it... hopefully we can take advantage of it a lot. ;)

We decided to leave Jacob and Gavin with my mom and bring Casey with us. We didn't want to leave my mom with all three boys, plus Casey is still nursing. I flew to my best friend's wedding two years ago without my five month old and it was really tough. Especially since I had to find somewhere to pump every four hours. I was searching for outlets in airport bathrooms, trying to stretch the cord into a nearby stall! That part was terrible. Thankfully, Disneyland (the wedding was nearby) was very mommy-friendly. They had these plush nursing and pumping rooms right at the entrance. Leave it to Disneyland, huh?! Anyway, so we're definitely bringing Casey. After taking care of three boys for five months, I have a feeling it will almost be like Adam and I are by ourselves. Almost.

I have had several life-changing decisions to figure out in the last few weeks. It's been really stressful, so I am definitely up for laying on the beach. In fact, if I do nothing but lay on the beach, I will be so so happy. Thank you Dad, for letting us stay at your condo. We appreciate it more than you will ever know. Thank you mom, for watching Jacob and Gavin while we are away. They love their Grammy so much and couldn't be in better hands. Adam and I are very grateful for this time away together. You are the best... we love you!

3 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

You are going to enjoy some very well deserved fun and relaxation, it will be hard to go back to normal life! have a great vacation.

itaintaboutme said...

Very jealous! Hope you guys have a great time away and get a chance to relax!

kilipohi said...

I'm so jealous!!! I hope you guys have an amazing time. I too will be on the beach soon (Mexico) but totally not soon enough!