Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our last day


We spent our last day in Maui relaxing on the beach. I wanted to soak up as much sun as possible before heading back to the Washington rain! Right in front of my dad's condo is a really good snorkeling spot, so Adam and I took turns with Casey on the beach. Adam came back from snorkeling with these huge eyes, telling me about a sea turtle that he saw with a shell that was bigger than he was! Not only that, but when he turned to swim away, this massive turtle actually started following him! I wasn't so sure about snorkeling after that, but thankfully, the sea turtle was nowhere to be found when I went out. I'm not really up for anything bigger than me to chase me underwater... even if I am able to outswim them. ;)

After hanging out on the beach, we had dinner and watched our last sunset in Maui. There was another crazy beautiful one that night. There is seriously nothing I would rather do than lay on the sand and watch the sunset with my family.


Meanwhile, we let Casey explore the beach for awhile.

When we got home in the dark, Adam and I sat on the deck of my dad's condo. We wanted to make every second count of our time in Hawaii, so we talked up there for hours. What a beautiful setting for conversation... you can watch, hear, and smell the waves crashing up against the beach. We miss it already.

We decided that Casey was the absolute perfect age to bring on vacation with us. He is still nursing, but not eating baby food yet. He is also still in his infant car seat, so that made it super easy to carry him all around with us and just feed him whenever he was hungry. Then when he was tired, he would just fall asleep in his car seat wherever we happened to be. Niice.
He was the happiest baby he has ever been in Hawaii. I'm not sure if he liked the warm weather, or if it was having mommy and daddy all to himself for a few days (and no older brothers to smother him). Probably all of the above.

No comments: