Monday, June 22, 2009

10 months old


My biggest brother is trying to help me stand...
... and I can almost do it by myself!
My mommy really has to watch me because everything I play with goes in my mouth!

I remember thinking that Casey would be 10 months old when I finished teaching in June. I can't believe it's already here... he's going to be one before I know it!

Casey has been SO active and into everything lately. Ever since he pulled himself up to stand for the first time at nine months, you will either find him standing or crawling across the room like a rocket. Casey will use anything he can grab onto (toys, tables, his crib, the couch, my leg) to pull himself up. He's pretty proud of himself and I even caught him leaning by the couch with no hands today!

I was a little concerned (and confused!) when his pediatrician told me at Casey's nine month appointment that he had only gained a few ounces since his six month well-check. The 40th percentile, WHAT?! I guess I'm used to Gavin, who has always been in the 95th percentile for everything. His doctor said not to worry, (even though he weighed him again, just to be sure ;) that it was probably just because he is so active now. I had only been giving him a few table foods, so he confirmed that Casey can have almost anything except honey, peanuts, and eggs. I guess I just forgot how much they are able to gum at this age! So Casey has been getting LOTS of table food and I think he is eating more than Jacob and Gavin combined! He shoves everything we give him into his mouth faster than I can lay it down on his tray. Now that he's entered into this world of yummy food, baby food just isn't cutting it anymore. He will shut his mouth and put his two little fists in front just to make sure I can't get anything in.

Casey is sleeping well, taking an hour nap each morning and a two hour nap in the afternoon. He is starting to cry when I lay him down, but it usually only takes a minute before he curls up, puts his binky in his mouth, and goes to sleep. Casey is a happy boy, but he will let you know if he is tired, hungry, or bored for sure! He can climb our entire fleet of stairs, but has no idea how to get down. He can wave bye-bye and even said ba ba when he waved yesterday. I had to say NO for the first time the other day when he reached into the dishwasher. Uh oh, it's happening already...

1 comment:

Heather Mattos said...

sounds like he is hitting some major milestones! he'll be walking before you know it