Saturday, June 13, 2009

31 on June 13

I had a really good birthday. At first, it looked as though the military was going to send Adam on a trip that morning. I should have known though, nothing EVER stays the same with the military. So Adam's trip was pushed to Monday and words couldn't describe how excited I was to spend my birthday with him.

He woke me up with breakfast in bed and we were off to Seattle for the day. We hadn't been to the Pacific Science Center since Jacob was little, so I really wanted to take the boys there. Seeing the joy and smiles on their faces made my day so special.

Jacob is finally getting old enough to help us when we go places. (Gavin tried to push Casey too, but he kept crashing into things. ;)

Our first stop was the dinosaurs, since Jacob is really getting into T-Rex lately.
They got to sit in giant chairs,
touch sea life in the tidepool,
make music,
rock climb,

make giant bubbles,
there were even toys for Casey to play with!
I think Daddy and Gavin could have stayed here all day, helping the ball zig zag down. Their brains totally work the same way!

The boys loved going in the room full of butterflies.

Mommy loved trying to capture a good picture with her camera!
The fountain has always been my favorite, so we got some ice cream and hung out together.



Daddy really wanted Mommy to go on a rollercoaster for her birthday.

We let the kids go on some rides too...



It was extremely evident today that Casey loves the outdoors. He was bubbling over with smiles the entire day




Sometimes with three kids, going places can get a little crazy. Somehow, someway though, today there was no chaos. Everything seemed to go our way and it was such a great day. A birthday that I'll always remember.

2 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

glad you had a fun filled bday! it looks like your whole family had a great time

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Oh my goodness, Happy birthday! It looks like you had SUCH a fantastic time! I too love all those places and it's so great to see your growing family enjoying it too!