Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A few things...

I was showing Gavin picture flashcards when he had just turned three. I remember being a little surprised at some of his answers, but a lot of them were pretty cute too. The words on the left are what was actually on the card, the words on the right are what Gavin said they were. To his credit, there were about thirty other cards that he answered correctly. ;)

goat ~ kangaroo
cow ~ walrus (Walrus? Really?)
train ~ fire truck
whistle ~ blowie
queen ~ princess
paint ~ colors
nest ~ Easter eggs (There were eggs in the nest)
monkey ~ dragon
leaf ~ flower
comb ~ cut hair
bike ~ motorcycle (thanks to Daddy ;)
bread ~ donut

Here are some other things they have said lately:

Jacob ~ refers to mosquitos as spaquitos, which cracks me up!
"My favorite number is 1002."
"Casey just knows baby food. God knows everything."
(As the wind shakes his blinds) "I'm scared mommy! Somebody is pushing my window!"
"One hour is sixty minutes so it will be 11:00."

Jacob wanted to know what the biggest number in the world was, so Adam finally told him it was google. Now he refers to everything with oogle. "I have oogle friends. Maine has oogle freeways. (What?) I need a puzzle with oogle pieces."

Another funny thing is that he is really into similies... without even knowing what they are! He'll say things like ~
"Gavin is being loud like a monkey."
"That boy kicked me. He kicked me like a soccer ball!"
"Gavin hit me like a baseball bat!"
"Mommy, it's as cold as snow out here!"

Gavin ~
He was really upset one week when my mom took Jacob home with her. He really missed his brother and wasn't sure what to do without him. Out of nowhere, he said, "Mommy, you bring Jakey back. I too little to bring Jakey back. You bring him back so I can play."

I heard Gavin chewing on something yesterday and it sounded awful, like he was grinding his teeth. I opened his mouth to see what it was and found a rock. There he was, chomping away on an actual ROCK. That's my boy!

No comments: