Friday, November 20, 2009

Christmas is in the air

I know, I know... it's not even Thanksgiving yet. Adam is scheduled to leave for a ten day trip on Thanksgiving morning though, so we are pulling out the Christmas bins. That way, when he gets back, the only thing we'll need to make our home complete is our Christmas tree. ;)

Gavin found this bear in our Christmas bin this year and they have been inseparable ever since!


Adam was working hard last night to get up our Christmas lights.

Jacob decided to write out a letter to Santa for himself, Gavin and Casey. I love that he thought of his brothers and was worried that they weren't able to write yet. Then we plugged all of the information into a website and here was Santa's reply!

Merry Christmas Jacob!

Thank you for sending me your email all the way from Puyallup! Did you know that Puyallup is one of Mrs. Claus' favourite places? The other thing she really likes is to read all your wonderful emails. As a matter of fact, she was just asking if I had heard from you lately!

Oh! Oh! I think Santa forgot his hat in your letter (*wink*)!My goodness, Jacob! Are you really and truly 5 years old already?!? I'll bet you're really excited about Christmas! Everyone at the North Pole sure is! Are you looking forward to Santa Claus visiting your home? Rudolph said he's really excited about visiting your home! I also hear you've been a REALLY REALLY good boy. (Of course, you won't mind if I do a little checking, will you? HO!! Ho!! ho!!). I'm glad you mentioned the reindeer because they're all outside playing reindeer games right now. Did you know you can even vote for which reindeer will guide my sleigh this Christmas?

Let's see what you put in your letter for Christmas wishes: 1. monsters vs. aliens movie; 2. 550 piece penguin puzzle and; 3. mario brothers wii game. May all your Christmas wishes come true! Well, I have something to tell you about your Christmas presents. An elf is working hard on them right now! The elf's name is Clumsy. We really do love Clumsy (he really does make the best presents!) -- I just wish he'd be a little more, well, careful sometimes. I hope you won't be sad Jacob if I can't bring you everything you want because Clumsy the Elf really wants you to have a very Merry Christmas!

Oh! oh! The Grinch is trying to steal some of Mrs. Claus' cookies! That Grinch sure is funny. He may not like Christmas, but he sure likes those cookies! Well, I better go stop him before he snitches them all. Take care Jacob and don't forget to come back and visit me here at EmailSanta.com on Christmas Eve!! And remember... only 42 more sleeps until Christmas!!

With All My Heart,
Santa Claus

P.S. The reindeer say "Thank You!" for the nice treats! I hope you don't mind, but I had a bit of carrot and celery too. After all, even Santa eats his veggies!
What a nice surprise Gavin!

Thank you for sending me your email all the way from Puyallup! The Net sure is wonderful because now I can get emails from Puyallup and around the world in the blink of an eye. Even Rudolph gets emails... from pets! Why, here's Rudolph right now! HO!! Ho!! ho!! He just asked me to say 'Hi!' to you!

Oh! Oh! I think Santa forgot his hat in your letter (*wink*)!Well bless my whiskers, Gavin! I still remember bringing you your very first Christmas present and here you are 3 years old already! I hope you are getting excited about Christmas because I am really looking forward to visiting your home! Rudolph said he's really excited about visiting your home too! I also hear you've been a really good boy. (Of course, you won't mind if I do a little checking, will you? HO!! Ho!! ho!!).

Let's see what you put in your letter for Christmas wishes: 1. slinky dog; 2. scooby doo puzzle and; 3. toy story wii game. May all your Christmas wishes come true!Can I tell you a little secret? I love playing games on my Nintendo Wii -- reindeer games that is! HO!! Ho!! ho!! They are a lot of fun aren't they! I guess that's why so many good little boys and girls asked for the same thing as you! I just wish there was room in my sleigh to give everyone one.

Oops! I guess I shouldn't have had that last cookie because a button just popped right off my suit. I better go see if Mrs. Claus has any thread left! ho!! Ho!! HO!! Take care Gavin and don't forget to come back and visit me here at EmailSanta.com on Christmas Eve!! And remember... only 42 more sleeps until Christmas!!

BFF (Best Friends Forever :),

Santa Claus

***I'm glad Jacob didn't happen to notice the BFF part. ;-)***

Even though Casey wasn't able to express it, Jacob was pretty sure what he wanted for Christmas...
I also thought I would share this really cute book someone told me about. It has a story, verse, and craft idea for each day in December until Christmas. Love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We drove by your house tonight! It looks great. It made the kids start bugging Steve about putting up the lights:) Kate

Heather Mattos said...

your house looks great! i love how gavin buckled his bear up with him..too cute!