Saturday, April 10, 2010

Jacob's new look


Jacob first tooth fell out today! I got to see for the first time that losing a tooth doesn't have to be so traumatic. :) I was surprised... shocked actually, that it came out. We've been wiggling it each day for about two weeks now, but it was still barely loose.

We were eating at Burger King with my mom when all of a sudden Jacob gasped and said, "Mommy, my tooth fell out!" Sure enough, there it was in his little hand. (Good thing he didn't swallow it!) There were a lot of emotions. His eyes were big with surprise at first... then he started crying. I think it hurt a little since it wasn't very loose yet. It worked out perfectly though because he happened to have a milkshake to make it all better.

If you read the link above, you will know that Jacob also is afraid of the tooth fairy. So we tucked his tooth under his pillow and I promised him that he would not see the tooth fairy. Then he made me promise that he wouldn't even see the pixie dust. After I promised that too, he is finally sleeping soundly. :)

No comments: