Tuesday, May 04, 2010

From the mouths of my boys

Gavin was walking by this picture on our wall and commented, "That's me with a smile face and brown underwear... and that's Casey with no pants." :)

The rest of these are from my sweet six year old.

"Mommy, I never want to get married. I just want to keep you!" This one melted my heart for sure. Then he asked me if his daddy and I were married when the dinosaurs were still here. He also had some concerns about babies coming out of my tummy. One example was, "I think it hurt really bad when they got Casey out. Good job not crying mommy!"

Casey was running around when Jacob exclaimed, "Mommy! Casey can run and walk and talk! He's ALIVE!" (We happened to be discussing a few days before about what makes something alive. :)

Jacob had to burp, so I was reminding him to say excuse me. To which he responded, "Sometimes we burp from our mouth, sometimes we burp from our bum... and that means we have to go to the bathroom!"

We always seem to go to McDonald's so Jacob was determined to give Burger King a try. I don't think he'd ever been there before! When we got there, the entire place was empty. Jacob kept looking around and finally said, "Mommy, I think this place is closed." I kept telling him that it wasn't, we were just the only ones there. So he wanted to know why we were the only ones there. I whispered in his ear, "Because everyone is at McDonalds. :)

This next excerpt is while we were driving in the car. Jacob was going on and on about things he knew about God... it went something like this.
"I love God. His first name is God, his middle name is Lord, and his last name is Father. I call him God the Lord though. I love him because he makes things and he helps us have good dreams. He never hits because he is a REALLY good boy. I will see what he looks like when I go to heaven. Now I will tell you why heaven is better than Disneyland. It's because we get a new body and it doesn't even hurt a little bit. There are a million treasures like gold, candy, and toys. Heaven will never run out of treasures. Easter is about Jesus dying on the cross. He is in heaven now. I wish I was Great Grandma Kahn and died to heaven already because it is such a great place. There are golden streets and we will have no owies."

No comments: