Friday, May 21, 2010

Our last days

On our last days, we found some fun tidepools for the boys to explore. There were mostly fish and sea urchins, but they loved trying to "catch" them. Jacob really wanted to bring some fish home for dinner, but they were so darn fast! :)
Adam really wanted to try this wave simulator and it was so much fun! They even let us take turns boogie boarding with the boys.


While Casey was napping, I was trying to put my skills as a swim instructor to good use with Jacob.
For dinner, we decided to barbecue up on the roof of my dad's condo. It was so pretty up there, especially during the sunset!

We spent our last day on my favorite Kaanipali beach. :) Gavin went snorkeling in the ocean for the first time and loved it!! He looked at the fishies with his little bum in the air for such a long time.

There was a boy who dug this huge hole in the sand. I was super grateful because it entertained Gavin and Casey for hours.

Adam even did a little cliff jumping at Black Rock...

On this trip, I was contemplating the difference between going on vacation by ourselves and going on vacation with our boys. When we go away by ourselves, no doubt about it, it is usually chaos-free, carefree, and stress-free. Although I do love spending time alone with my husband, I always really miss my boys and wonder how they would react to the things we were seeing and doing. When we bring our boys, it is definitely more chaotic, stressful, and a lot more work. However, there is nothing like seeing the joy in their faces as they experience and appreciate the simple things. One dark night, we were walking on the beach and we all came home so sandy from running, singing, and playing together. There is something about our family being all together. It wasn't perfect for sure. There were stressful times for sure. There were a lot of magical moments too though... pictures that will be in this blog, in my head, and in my heart forever.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

What an amazing trip and fun memories for your boys!! The pictures are beautiful. It makes me want to hop on a plane!! :)