Friday, September 03, 2010

Jacob's first day!

Jacob's first day went a lot better than I had expected! He was just so excited to start first grade, see old friends, meet new friends... how can I be sad when his little face is so happy?


Plus, the morning seemed to go by in a whirlwind while he was getting ready, so it felt like I didn't even have time to breathe. Jacob wanted swedish pancakes for his big, first grade breakfast... and was nice enough to share them with his brother. :)

His Daddy was supposed to leave on a trip the day before Jacob's first day of school, so it was super special that he was able to be there!


Jacob really didn't want me to cry, so I tried my best. ;)


The only glitch was when I noticed at the bus stop that his pants were on backwards! I ran with him around the corner, stripped him down, and helped him fix it just as we heard the bus screeching to a stop. Phew. Poor little guy!


I drove to school with a friend, just so we could make sure our kiddos made it to their new line alright. When we got there, Jacob was already off the bus and this was what I found. I will always have this sweet memory in my head of his first day. SO precious.

Bella was in his kindergarten class last year... he loves her!
I felt a lot more at ease this year because he had a friend to sit with on the bus, a friend to walk with to his line, and four friends from kindergarten who were in his class again. Way more comforting than the first day of kindergarten when he didn't know anyone!

Friends make everything better... for mommy too!

No comments: