Thursday, April 05, 2012

Easter stuff!

Easter crafts
Casey is just learning how to write his name!
Jacob's egg
Gavin's egg
Our Easter nests
 Butterscotch is supposed to look more realistic, but my boys' weren't a fan of butterscotch... next time I think we'll go for chocolate!
Getting ready for an Easter egg hunt at the Y
Casey AND Ella in the giant swing!
Keeping his sister safe on the trampoline
(or pushing her head into it? ;)
Eager to fill her basket
Ella's first egg!  
(She pretty much stopped hunting for eggs after that.  I remember our boys doing that too!)
They are just so focused on getting to the candy inside! :)
Mommy helped her find some more though.  ;)

I didn't get any pictures of the boys hunting for eggs, but I did manage to get one of them with the Easter bunny!


Meanwhile, Ella continued to open all of her eggs

Casey was so proud of his loot!

Tonight we decided to dye Easter eggs.  Adam was on a trip, so I totally went into teacher mode... taking every pre-caution to make sure the dye wasn't spilled.  (Especially since dye has totally been spilled in the past ;)  I explained everything first, we took it one egg at a time, and they were so careful!  Phew!
 Decorating their eggs
 Carefully dipping his egg in his favorite color
 Waiting...
 and waiting...
 and waiting  ;)
 Tadaa!
Did I mention that when I was giving directions, I happened to tell them their eggs were like babies and they had to take special care of them?  Not sure if this was a good tactic or not, but I did.  And he spent the rest of the night calling his egg a baby and taking care of it.  ;)
Jacob and Gavin were really into dipping their eggs half and half this year.  
They said it's how daddy likes to do it.


 Casey is the only one who likes hard-boiled eggs.  He devours them every year.  Jacob ate it a little reluctantly and said it didn't really taste.  Gavin peeled the very top, took one bite, and said, "I didn't very like it mommy but thank you for letting me try it."  Sweet little guy!  He also took the eggs being his babies very seriously and wouldn't eat any of the ones he had dyed.  Casey is currently sleeping with his.  Maybe that wasn't one of my best ideas... ha!

 The egg we made for daddy! 

No comments: