Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Momma's Birthday

Adam had my birthday off, so we took the boys bowling and to see Madagascar 3!  Ella wasn't quite big enough to sit through a movie yet, so she stayed home with Grammy.  ;)  I was even a little nervous to bring Casey (since the last time we went to a movie he wasn't ready yet and it didn't go over well).  He happily slumped back in his chair with his oversized 3-D glasses and bowl of popcorn... and didn't move the entire movie!  It was hilarious!  Since it's a tradition in our family to dance when the credits play, I couldn't help but stand up to dance in the aisles with my boys.  Dance like nobody's watching, right?! 

Then we went bowling!
 When we were in Russia, my sister took Jacob bowling for his birthday.  I guess he beat everybody??  We haven't gone bowling as a family for years, so I was excited to watch him!
 My boys!
 There's nothing like bowling to add a little spark to your marriage.  Seriously, Adam was really good at bowling.  I had no idea.  The whole time, I was like, "Yeah, that's my MAN!"  It was like we were dating again.  ;)
Giving Jacob a pep talk...
   ... and he was off! 
 (The bowling ball may or may not have gone into the other lane at one point.  ;)
Gavin was up next!

 He did really good!  (He actually ended up beating Jacob in the end... which Jacob was NOT happy about ;)
 
 Yes!
 Casey was his usual, adorable self.
 The funniest thing was that he would roll the ball so. stinking. slow. that it actually stopped at one point.  Seriously.  We had to find an employee to retrieve the ball for us!
 Cheering on his little brother!

 I decided to help the poor guy out... otherwise, the game never would have ended!

 Final scores!
 Blowing out the birthday candles!

 Happy to spend the last part of my birthday with my little girl!

2 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

Glad you had a wonderful bday with those you love.

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Thanks for the sweet comments Heather! Miss you girl! Hope you are well.