Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A new picture!!

Up until now, the only pictures I had of Ella's first year of life were her referral pictures (taken at six months old).  I saw a 'database picture' on some of the blogs that I read, but I didn't know what it was or how to get it.  Once we were home with Ella, someone explained that in Russia, the orphans have a database picture on the internet where Russian families can look to adopt them.  Once I figured out how to access it and navigate through Ella's region and baby house (since it's all in Russian), it was too late.  On a sad note, her picture was removed... but on a happy note, it was because we adopted her!

Little did I know, someone I met through an adoption group was saving the database pictures from Ella's region for her friend who was adopting.  After looking, she found that she still had Ella's picture on her computer!  I was beyond thrilled!!  So now I have a picture of our sweet girl at four and a half months.  What an unexpected, indescribable blessing.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Ella's story never ceases to amaze me. Wow what wonderful find!! I'm so happy for you!