Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Our camping trip!

We just got back from our annual trip to Leavenworth!  I always love hanging with my sister and her husband (seriously they are so funny and I love to laugh!), my mom is amazingly helpful as always, and it is beyond heart-melting to watch the cousins play together!  We were going back and forth on whether to take Casey tubing down the river this year, and I'm so thankful we decided against it.  Although the majority of the ride was calm and serene, the current became so strong at one point that the rope (which was holding our tubes altogether) broke!  Plus at the very end, when we were supposed to head to the shore, we got separated again and my nephew Travis went sailing off on his own.  My brother-in-law was clutching onto Jacob and I was about to swim after Travis when someone from the rental company rushed into the water to rescue him!  Craziest tubing experience yet... whew!

My middle guy relaxing on his pillow in the car!
Peek-a-boo!
Our camping cabin!  
With four kids, we decided to go for the cabin with a kitchenette, bathroom, and AC... it just makes everything so. much easier.

The swing outside our cabin

My niece braiding Ella's hair
CHEESE!
The pool




The playground





Learning how to pump!



Even though Maddie had her best friend along... I thought it was so sweet how much time she wanted to spend with Ella!  She was constantly asking to take her to the playground or on a walk.

Attempting to teach Casey to ride without training wheels... he wasn't quite ready though.  :0)
Frozen go-gurts!
S'mores!
With a marshmallow that is almost as big as his face!

The river







Casey is in LOVE with his cousin Travis.  Even though Jacob and Gavin are closer in age, Travis still takes the time to play with Casey.  Sweet boy.

Maddie and Ella

Travis is hilarious in front of the camera!  He loves to pose for sure.  ;)





Ella loves her grammy!  At one point, she spotted my mom sitting in the grass with a book from afar.  She ran across the entire field to get to her Grammy!  So adorable!

My brother-in-law with his brown-eyed girl.  :0)
We rented this big guy because it would hold all four boys... but it was super heavy and I pretty much had to push it for them.



Turns out it was broken so we got to rent individual ones the next day for free!



As soon as we got home, Jacob re-created our memories with legos.  ;) 
He pointed out our cabin, the swing outside, the flagpole, the playground, the pool, the river, trees, and the place we get ice cream (and mommy gets her coffee!)  It was a super fun trip filled with such happy memories!

No comments: