Tuesday, December 04, 2012

A Day in Seattle!

I got to volunteer on a field trip to Seattle with the all of the third graders in Jacob's school!
I was so so excited... not only because it is rare that Adam would have that exact day off, but it is so rare to have one on one time with my kiddos!  It was a packed day for sure... every minute was planned, and we didn't get back to the school until 6:30!  We started off watching the Wizard of Oz at the Children's Theater, which Jacob said was his favorite part of the day.  Then we headed to the Space Needle!  It takes a lot of work (and a lot of courage!) for the third grade teachers to take on something THIS big... I'm so glad they are willing to do it.  For many of these kiddos, it was the first time they had ever been to the top of the Space Needle!

Jacob got to be in the same group as his best friend.  How lucky is that?


I was really surprised that so many of these kids had cell phones?
The little girl in my group had an Iphone 4 (that she said was hers) and was texting her mom throughout the day!
 Having a snack and taking in the beautiful view!
 My group with their teacher
 Santa's sleigh (he's only there on the weekends though ;)

 Taking a lunch break!

 Waiting for the monorail
 I think Jacob thought it was going to take off like a roller coaster?
 Looking at the chandelier in the Benaroya Hall
 The gum wall!
 We'd never been here before.  Cool... but ewww!  ;)

 The Hammer Man
 The Seattle Art Museum 
I couldn't take pictures other than waiting outside, but all of the kids had a book where they could sketch what they saw.

 The totem pole at Pioneer Square
 Taking the Sounder train home!





They were laughing so hard almost the entire time!  So cute to watch!

No comments: