Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmastime is Here!

Oh, how I LOVE the season of Christmas!!  I love all the tradition it brings.  I love seeing wonder and excitement light up on our kids' faces.  I love finding fun ways to count down to this special day.  This year, I put a slip of paper in twenty-five little stockings.  Some of them were fun traditions, some of them were new ideas, some of them were serving others!  They all are riddles that rhyme, so the boys love trying to figure out what we are doing that day.  

Ella in her Santa hat
 She says, "Ho! Ho! Ho!"  It's so cute!!


 Building legos and saying HoHoHo with Daddy!

 Ella and her sweet baby

 Casey and Ella before his Christmas program

 These programs are so stinking cute!  I love them!  The kids are hilarious and Casey was pretty animated himself.  ;)


 I found Christmas ornament Shrinky Dinks at Target!  
I remember these from when I was a little girl... so fun!
The Santa parade!
Hot chocolate with friends :)


 Making cards for some elderly people at a nursing home


 Gavin worked especially hard on his cards... he said it was because he wanted them to have the merriest Christmas!


 This year one of the dads played the guitar!  It really was the perfect touch to the sweet voices of these kiddos!
As we were passing out cards and cookies, one man said, "Who is Gavin?  I'd like to talk to him."  As Gavin shyly walked over, the man said that he noticed how hard Gavin had worked on his card and how much he appreciated that.  I'll never forget the look on Gavin's face... he was absolutely beaming.  My heart was bursting as my middle guy found out how just how much meaning and joy there is in giving.


No comments: