Saturday, December 22, 2012

Jacob's first swim meet!

Jacob started swim team in September and I was surprised to see how motivated he has been!  The coaches have them swim for an hour almost non-stop and he works his little heart out.  It's so much fun to see him in the pool because that is where I spent most of my childhood and adolescence!  I would basically live at my high school... I went to school during the day, swam for the high school team after school, and lifeguarded/taught swim lessons at night!  

So here he is at his very first meet!  Since it was in December, it was called the Candy Cane meet and they got a candy cane for each event that they swam.  Jacob did 2 relays, 25 breaststroke, 25 backstroke, and 25 freestyle.  (Thankfully, he was still 8 so he only had to swim one length!)
His very first event was a relay, which happened to be the very first event of the meet.  I could tell Jacob was SUPER nervous.  For a minute, I thought he just might not do it.  But he DID!  I think my heart was beating faster than his was!
 His first individual event 
(I was mostly taking video, so I don't have many pictures :)


 Cheering on his team for the last relay!


You make me so proud buddy!
 (AND... he happily went home with five candy canes!  ;)

No comments: