Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day!

I've had some crazy first day of schools.  One year Jacob got a bloody nose while we were getting ready.  One year, I realized his pants were on backwards minutes before the bus came to pick him up.  It might have even been the same year.

So each year, I get up a little bit earlier... just trying to avoid the rushing and chaos that usually comes with the first day of school.  Plus, I always want some time to take pictures!  Adam always tries to get Casey's birthday off in August first, so the fact that he was home for the first day of school was a total blessing.  Here is Gavin listening to his daddy's pep talk.  ;)

My fourth and second grader!  I can't believe it.  
(Next year, Casey will be in Kindergarten and we will have three in school full time!)



Gavin is getting so silly lately!  What happened to my shy, quiet little guy??  I love how these pictures capture his silliness.

Casey and Ella came out to join in the picture fun.



Love this shot.  Daddy walking Gavin to school on his first day.
Our new school doesn't have any buses, so your choice is either to walk or join in the mad chaos of driving your kiddos to school.  It only takes about 15 minutes and it's a beautiful walk, so a big part of my life this year will be walking everyone to and from school!  ;)
Crossing the bridge is their favorite part.



My silly boy sure got quiet when it was time to line up!  I think his butterflies kicked in!  Jacob ended up getting in line behind another little guy who was from Washington too... having something in common is always a good thing!
Even if our summer felt short, I actually love that we started school so early here.  It means we get a week off in October, a month off for Christmas break, and a week off for spring break... which means more time to fly up and visit family!  They both had big smiles on their faces after school, which was a HUGE relief for this momma.  I was praying for them all day!

2 comments:

LUV2SHOP_KC said...

Great pictures!

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El Niño Y Tu Pilin