Thursday, April 26, 2007

And... he's FINALLY walking!!

Gavin took his first step one week after he turned 10 months old. After looking at Jacob's baby book, I saw that he was walking across the room at 9 and a half months, just two weeks after taking his first step. So we were expecting Gavin to make that famous trek across the room a few weeks later. And a few weeks turned into a few months! :) I knew he could do it all along, but he would always take two steps and dive head first at us with a smile. He loved to hold our fingers to go for a walk, but just wouldn't even try by himself. Seriously, STUBBORN. Already. We waited patiently until one day, he decided to walk short distances (from couch to chair) on his own. Before we knew it, he was full-blown walking within a few days.

I know most mommies aren't super anxious for their child to walk because then they have to chase them everywhere. I actually LOVE it. Partly because I waited SO LONG for this miracle to happen. Partly because Gavin was such a fast crawler that walking actually slowed him way down. Mostly because I think the little toddle walk is the CUTEST thing in the world!

No comments: