Thursday, April 05, 2007

This place is CRRAAZY!




We soon discovered exactly how crowded and crazy Disneyland is on spring break. August... not so bad, spring break... cannot move, lines everywhere, crazy! There's even a line to get out! Adam waited in the first line to get our tickets from will-call while I posed Jacob and Gavin inside of the letters in CALIFORNIA. Gavin could fit perfectly, standing inside the letter A! We went to Disneyland first and decided to go straight to It's a Small World. I loved every minute of watching Gavin and Jacob stare in awe at the boys and girls singing and dancing. Did I watch them at all? Not really... just watched Jacob and Gavin the whole time and how they reacted to each scene. That was much more entertaining for me! Jacob proceeded to sing It's a Small World after all through the whole trip, especially when we were all laying in bed at night. :) We got a fast pass for Buzz Lightyear and headed to California Adventure, hoping the lines were shorter. Hmmm... not so much. Gavin fell asleep from the excitement of his first ride ever, so Adam took a walk with him while Jacob and I went on Monsters Inc. The only part that weirds me out everytime is when the monster at the end says, "Hey you - with the glasses in the second row! Want to TRADE!" There's someone back there watching, I guess. But is there always someone with glasses on every ride? At this point, we had to head back to Disneyland to use our fast pass. It wasn't until later that we found out you can always be late with your fast pass, just not early. We went through the Buzz Lightyear ride with our light-up guns, which of course Jacob and Gavin LOVED! The only problem was when I looked at our scores at the end. Me - 8000. Gavin - 8000. (I was shooting for both of us. :) Jacob - 22000. Wait a second, how did my three year-old beat me??!! No, then I look at Adam's score. 64000! What?! Was I playing the same game? What were we supposed to be shooting at anyway?

Now we decide to go back to California Adventure. We really couldn't figure out what we were doing the first day. We just kept switching between the parks, hoping to find a ride that magically was lineless. We took Jacob and Gavin into the Bug's Life 3-D show. Both of them took off their glasses immediately, but seemed to enjoy the show all blurry nonetheless. :) Back to Disneyland for the big Pirate Adventure. We debated whether or not to take Jacob on this ride... but I didn't remember it being that scary. We headed off into pitch-darkness, accompanied by scary music and Jacob starts screaming GET ME OUT!! at the top of his little lungs. A little scary. Then we enter into the skeleton scenes where bodies with bones are drinking and singing. How do you explain that one to your three-year old? Somehow, we made it through by pointing out all of the kitties and dogs. Gavin was happy as pie through the whole thing... that crazy kid! We ate some dinner afterward and headed for the Jungle Cruise. Jacob took one look at the boats, was reminded of Pirates of the Caribbean, and started to panic. We somehow convinced him it was more like Small World than Pirates. :) Somehow I remember this ride being WAY more entertaining when I was little. And over here ladies and gentlemen, we have this amazingly fake elephant. Maybe I thought the animals were real or something. :) We then took our first stroll into Fantasyland. Jacob really seemed to want to go on Dumbo most of all, so we finally buckled and waited in the 40 minute line. I kept looking around thinking how much we parents must love our kids to wait this long for a Dumbo ride. Seriously. Jacob absolutely ate this ride up though and it instantly became his favorite. Mommy, I choose Dumbo. Can I go on the one with the green hat? Can I go on the one with the purple hat? Afterward, we headed straight across to the Carousel, in which Jacob walked immediately to the big seat instead of the horses. Why this kid will go on a roller coaster ride no problem, but is scared of the carousel horse I'll never understand! It was now time for the thing I love MOST about Disneyland, the electrical parade! There's something about the lights and the music that is the essence of Disneyland to me. Although Gavin was crashed, Jacob watched and made comments about each float from Adam's shoulders. Again, I missed most of the parade watching Jacob. Priceless.

No comments: