Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The story of Sy




So I'll rewind a bit to tell you the story of Sy. In college, my roommates and I were pet-sitting a pug for the weekend. Everyone thought he was pretty much disgusting, with his squished-in face and constant snorting. I've always been a dog lover though and I thought this dog especially was the cutest thing ever. After that, I pretty much fell in love with pugs and wanted one for my very own. :) Adam knew this, and as a surprise for my birthday, had purchased a baby pug from a nearby breeder. When we went to pick out the pug we wanted to bring home, there was only one left. The breeder said she couldn't understand why he was the last one because he had the cutest face of all of them. He looked at us with the sweetest puppy pug look and we were smitten. Sy has been part of our family ever since (even though he has taken an extreme back-seat since Jacob and Gavin were born, poor thing!) For some reason, we have never remembered his birthday though. Does ANYone remember their dog's birthday? I think the only reason we did this year was because Jacob has been asking about it all year long. "When is Sy's birthday? How old Sy will be?" So on April 22, I finally remembered Sy's birthday and in Jacob's excitement... we bought a birthday cake. And I only let Sy eat a piece if Adam promised to clean up if he got sick because of it. :) So Happy 5th Birthday Sy. You are officially older and wiser than all of us now!

1 comment:

Tylertopia said...

Happy Birthday Sy! We think you are a very cool dog! :o)