Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Betcha you haven't done this!

The story begins at a gas station yesterday, while I was vacuuming my car. I usually set my keys down in the center console, but for some reason I decided to hold them while vacuuming this time. Not a good idea. The vacuum had a super strong suction and once the tip of one key touched it, they were gone in the blink of an eye!

I sat there for a few seconds, processing what had happened. Adam was on a flight, with my spare key is on his keychain. I know, I know... a pilot's keychain is definitely NOT the best place for my spare key to be. Luckily, I have a garage door opener in my car, so I knew I could at least get into my house. I just had to find a ride there... The funniest part was, after processing it all, I continued to vacuum my car. I thought that I might as well finish what I came there to do!

Trying to be as calm as possible, I walked my kids inside the gas station and waited in line. Feeling completely ridiculous, I said, "So you've probably never heard this story before... " She said she had heard it all. :) I felt a little better when she told me that another customer had recently done the same thing. She wasn't sure if she knew how to get them out, but THANKFULLY, she found the right key pretty quickly. And there they were, at the very bottom of all of the dust and used cigarettes. Seriously, people vacuum cigarettes from their car floor?

Anyway, the moral of this story is... don't put your keys anywhere remotely close to where you are vacuuming. The end. :)

1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

Brad would say the moral is not to vacuume your car!

Glad you found them...hope you disinfected them!