Friday, August 31, 2007

The red salmon


When we were at Costco the other day, Adam picked out some "orange" salmon and put it in our cart. Later, I happened to find some "red" salmon that looked yummier to me so I exchanged it. As we were checking out, Adam noticed that I had switched the salmon.

A: Did you switch the salmon?
K: (Sheepishly) Yes. This kind looked better.
A: It's not. I've had it before. It's gross.
K: Let's just try it... if it's not good, I'll never get it again.

So tonight, we tried the salmon. Keep in mind that whenever Adam barbecues the salmon he picks out, it's soooo good. He prepped and cooked this salmon exactly the way he usually does and took the first bite. (I was hoping it was the best salmon ever... to prove him wrong of course :) He immediately grimaced and told me that it was terrible. So I was fully ready to try my piece and tell him how good it was... except that it wasn't. It was disgusting. So I apologized for switching the salmon and told him I would never get the "red kind" again.

The funniest part of the whole experience? Jacob LOVED the salmon. He couldn't eat it fast enough. In fact, after a few bites, he dropped the fork and started shoveling it into his mouth with both hands. Adam smiled and gave his big chunk of salmon to Jacob as well. Which he ate. He started eating mine next, until I stopped him... should he really be eating THAT MUCH salmon? We usually can't get him to eat more than two bites of anything we make (unless it's peanut butter and jelly, macaroni, hot dogs, or pizza). I guess now we can add red salmon to the list. Too bad we're never buying it again. ;)

4 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Oh my gosh, that story is HILARIOUS! I can just picture it! And I bet you guys were just cracking up.

No joke, Coley asks to go to Jacob and Gavin's house at least once a day. It's her new "great idea": "I know! Let's go to Jacob and Gavin's house! That's a GREAT IDEA!"

So we should get together sometime soon! After all, it is a great idea!

Lisa

Kathy said...

That's hilarious! We have a picky eater who will eat the most random things too... Mmmmmmm... yucky red salmon. Who knew?!! Hope you all are well!

Organized Chaos said...

That's a funny story! It reminds me of the one time we were up at Pike's Market and they were handing out small samples of a smoked Salmon. Mckenna must have gone back to the sample guy 10 times asking for more...he started to give us dirty looks. We later realized the small package of Salmon he was handing out was $31.00! We decided then that she has expensive tastes like her mommy!

Anonymous said...

That is soooo funny and so you guys (hehe)!!!
Wendi