Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Back to School!

Today was my first day of school. SO many things have changed this year. Considering I'm not the biggest fan of change... it's going pretty well so far. My friend who was going to job share with me decided to stay home with her nine-month old son. I was really happy for her, but having only a few weeks to find a new job share partner was a little scary. A lot scary. Thankfully, God blessed me with an AMAZING new teaching partner, so we've been having fun setting up our classroom and getting ready for the first day.

Our school was remodeled over the summer, so it was really refreshing and exciting to come back. The bittersweet part is that many of my friends are teaching at one of the new schools, so familiar faces are few and far between. I love our school though and I love teaching first grade. Job sharing truly couldn't be more perfect for me. I get to be at home with my kids for the majority of the week, which is so important to me. Teaching though, works a different part of my brain and allows for adult social time (that I very much need). At the end of the day, I couldn't be more excited to see Jacob and Gavin. I love watching them run into my arms and soaking up every ounce of being with them. My first job share partner put it this way... just when you get burned out of being at home with your kids, it's your day to be at school. And just when you get burned out of being at school, you get to be at home with your kids again. Nice.

Back to my first day. It went well. My job share partner and I are both there this week so that definitely helps. It's pretty typical to have a honeymoon period for the first few days, so ask me in a few weeks how everything is. ;) So far, so good!

1 comment:

Tylertopia said...

Happy to see that you had a great first day and that everything seems to be falling into place nicely. :o)