Saturday, September 22, 2007

Some cute and funny moments

***When I sneezed the other day, Gavin smiled and said, "Ble you!" It was so cute that Adam and I pretended we were sneezing just to hear it again. Apparently, he also knows the difference between real and pretend sneezes. :)

***I opened our garbage can only to find that it was filled with shoes. As many shoes as Gavin could find and fit inside. Nice.

***Gavin and Adam were playing a few days ago when Jacob said in an exasperated voice, "Where's Gavin's own daddy?" Like he'd had enough of Gavin borrowing HIS daddy!

***Jacob had spent the evening jumping on the trampoline at a friend's house and said, "Mommy, they falled me down. They falled me down on that trampoline."

***Last night, Adam and I tucked Jacob into bed with a sheet of stickers in his hand. I checked on him a few hours later and he was asleep, still clutching onto the stickers. At 5 o'clock this morning, I checked on him again as Adam was leaving for a trip. Not only did he have every sticker stuck to every part of his body, but he was saying in his sleep, "Need tape. Tape to stick my stickers on." When did he put all of those stickers on? Sometime between 10 and 5 o'clock? In the dark? Amazing.

***Today, Jacob and Gavin were getting haircuts and Jacob just started this random conversation with the hair stylist. Which he has never done before... usually he just watches himself intently in the mirror.

"I have a puppy. His name is Sy. Can Sy have a haircut? He doesn't need a haircut? I have a motorcycle. I ride with my Daddy. I ride motorcycles at the fair too. And I ride the swings with Ashley." (It actually was pretty cute. This little girl saw Jacob at the fair and wanted to go on rides with him. So they held hands and ran from ride to ride together. At age 3, you're just so bold with the opposite sex...)

To all of which, the hairstylist responded with either, "Yeah, uh-uh, or really?" I guess he didn't find the conversation as stimulating as I did. ;)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love the stickers story. Hilarious! I have to tell you... I got a b-day idea from you with your boys. We had the boys make Mary a build a bear. I just loved that. Thanks for the idea!!! Hope you are all doing well. We miss WA...