Sunday, August 12, 2007

Tradition

My family has made camping in Leavenworth each summer a tradition for years. This year was especially exciting for me because Adam was able to go. (He has always had to work!) The camping spot we go to has a river, pool, playground, espresso/ice cream stand... what more could you ask for?! Oh, maybe the air conditioned cabin we rented this year. It was THE BEST. It made us realize that the simple life just may be better. There was nothing that Gavin could get into... no toilet paper rolls to undo, cupboards to open, toys to fight over, stairs to climb. Pure relaxation.

One of the highlights of Leavenworth are the outdoor plays they have each summer. The Sound of Music is presented every year in the crisp, cool air with actual mountains in the background. Being there, in the ambiance of it all, takes your breath away. This year we saw Camelot and you can imagine our surprise when we discovered my mom had gotten us front row, center seats! (If you knew how much I LOVE musicals, you would know how excited I was.) We felt like we were literally on stage and I had chills through the entire production. It was priceless.

Here are some pictures of our family in Leavenworth.
Wrestling cousins
Here, I'll hold the wand and you blow
Running in circles together
The only way we'll sit still long enough to get a picture
See mommy? I can ride Jacob's bike too!
Until Travis wants a turn...
Daddy made me go all the way in the river with him

Sy found some friends at the river

You gotta help me roast this marshmallow Daddy
Sharing a s'more with Grammy

1 comment:

Tylertopia said...

FUN! What a great place. Another thing we have in common...I love musicals too! :o)LOL