Monday, April 21, 2008

The Spring Fair

I'm not so sure I would call it the spring fair this year... because it was actually snowing earlier that day. Snow at the fair... that has to be some sort of a record-breaker, right?! :) How ironic that we had just been at the daffodil parade one week before and the weather was gorgeous, 80 plus degrees. Then the next week, snow at the fair. Crazy I tell you.

We had a fun time though, even if it was freezing! Gavin wasn't quite old enough to go on any rides in the fall, so Jacob has always gone by himself. He was prouder than anything to take his little brother on the rides this time! It was cute to see how seriously he took this job. On each ride, Jacob put his arms around Gavin and tried to comfort any fears he might have. He was sure to tell me after the ride what a good job he did taking care of Gavin.

Another highlight was watching Gavin with the animals. It was as if all of the pictures in his books were coming to life! His eyes were huge as he heard each animal making its sound. I'm sure they sounded a lot different than the sounds mommy makes for them at home. ;) There were also horses who were trained to dance to Mexican fiesta music. I've never seen anything like it... pretty entertaining for sure! Scones, rides, dancing horses, chocolate chip cookies, caramel apples, you just can't beat the fair! :)




2 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

I miss the fair so much! The kids used to love it...and I love the elephant ears!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I miss it too! Thanks for posting about it! That last picture of Gavin is SO GOOD! He's so big!