Saturday, April 05, 2008

Big brothers

Gavin is almost the same age that Jacob was when I was last pregnant. Although he'll say "ba-bee tu-mee" and give my belly kisses, he doesn't quite get it yet. He probably won't until the baby comes home and he desperately tries to pull him/her off my lap (and proceed to climb on himself). I just envision that happening anyway. ;) I remember Jacob used to say things like, "Baby take nap. Baby go bye-bye."

One of the reasons I feel so blessed to experience being pregnant with a third baby is because of Jacob. It's a whole new world watching the older sibling glow in excitement over the baby-to-be. He brings down my prenatal vitamins to make sure the baby is healthy, practices taking care of the baby with a doll, and asks me questions constantly.

"Mommy, when does the baby come out of your tummy?"
"You drink water when the baby is thirsty?"
"Your tummy grows because the baby is getting so big?"
"I want to give the baby a hug."
"Mommy, I will take good care of the baby for you."

Jacob has a piggy bank and loves to count his change and dream about the things he can buy. He mostly dreams about buying gumballs. I finally found a gumball machine when we were at Babies R Us and used one of his quarters to buy one. He clutched it in his little hand all day, talking about how happy he was. When I asked him if he was going to eat it he said, "No - I'm going to save it for the baby..." Seriously. love. this older sibling cuteness. ;)

No comments: