Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Random thoughts...

1. Right now, Gavin is singing himself to sleep in his crib. It sounds like this... "Winkle, winkle liddle ar. Oh I onder what you are. Up a up a whirl so igh. Ike a dima in da ky." Nothing could ever sound sweeter. (Big sigh)

2. I actually heard him sing the entire alphabet song a few days ago. He brought me his Chicka Chicka Boom Boom book and could point to and name almost every letter!

3. I attribute part of his ability to do this to starfall. This website is Jacob's new-found love and Gavin will sit right by him, soaking in all those letters, sounds, and songs.

4. Today, we were driving by a neighborhood where my friend used to live. Jacob hasn't seen her in over a year, yet he pointed to the apartments and said, "Mommy, that's Gwen's house. I don't see her lately."

5. He also said the other day, "Do you remember Katie, mommy? I went swimming with her." It took me awhile to figure out that he was talking about his swim instructor from last summer. I couldn't believe that I even remembered her name!

6. When I give Gavin his sippy cup, he says "elcome" instead of "thank you." It's pretty cute.

7. I found that when Gavin calls out for me in his crib, he really just wants a hug. If I go upstairs and give him a big squeeze, he smiles and lays back down again.

8. Gavin broke Jacob's piggy bank tonight. Yep, the special one I was talking about in my last post. I thought he would be devastated, upset at Gavin, or show some sort of mixed emotion. His little eyes got big and his mouth gaped open in disbelief. He looked at me and asked in a hopeful tone, "We will get a new one mommy?" I had Gavin give Jacob a hug and say that he was sorry. Jacob hugged him back and seemed to accept his apology. I was super proud of him.

9. Adam and Gavin spent the first part of spring break with the stomach flu. I have to say, Gavin handled it a lot better than Adam. ;) Especially being pregnant, I felt very fortunate to slide by without getting sick. Thank goodness!

10. My friend had a scheduled C-section this week and gave birth to her first baby. She specifically requested an epidural instead of a spinal block, and it went really well. I want to get an epidural too... hopefully I will be able to.

11. It's been one year since I started this blog!

1 comment:

Tylertopia said...

Oh how we love us some Chicka Chicka Boom Boom over here. LOL. Ayden has the soft cover book, the hard back book AND the DVD. Crazy.

I love your updates and random thoughts. Always so fun to read. :o)