Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Our ultrasound

Here are some pictures from our 18 week ultrasound on Monday. It never ceases to amaze me how a baby can grow from conception to having a four-chambered heart, spine, brain, eyes, nose, lips, kidneys, arms, legs, ten fingers, ten toes... all in less than 18 weeks! What an amazing, beautiful gift from God. Our sonographer was awesome ~ showing and explaining every detail as she took measurements and lots of fun pictures! I watched in complete awe and anticipation. I think I was especially focused on soaking in all of the little details because we are waiting to find out if our baby is a girl or a boy. :)

The sonographer knew the sex of the baby and was trying to be as neutral as possible when she talked. I asked her if it was hard to do, but she said that she always stays neutral (saying baby or peanut) whether parents are finding out or not. That way, she isn't as likely to say the gender by accident if they aren't. I was definitely over-analyzing everything she said though, thinking to myself... did she say that because it's a boy or because it's a girl? I guess we'll find out in August!


3 comments:

Oh Joy said...

WOW Kerri!!! I had no idea you were pregnant again!! (I just discovered your blog!) CONGRATS!! I am so excited for you - I have goosebumps! That is fun that you are waiting to find out the gender....

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!! I am soooo excited!
Wendi

Organized Chaos said...

I can't believe you are 18 weeks already! It goes so fast when it isn't your own pregnancy an when I don't get to see your belly grow!