Friday, November 07, 2008

SER-I-OUSLY!!


Jacob is a huge fan of Madagascar. He has watched this movie so many times and absolutely loves it. Especially when it gets to the "I like to move it, move it" part... he always sings and we dance together. So needless to say, we've been counting down to the opening day for Madagascar 2 for months.

Today was the day. We went to McDonald's for lunch so Jacob and Gavin could get a Madagascar Happy Meal and toy. When Adam got home, we went to dinner and walked around the mall since we had some time before the movie started.

Then the drama began. I got out my wallet and realized that my debit card was missing. I knew that I put it back into my wallet after dinner, so it had to be somewhere in the store. I asked a woman who worked there and she made some calls to see if it had been turned in. While we were waiting, Jacob jumps up and down because he has to go potty. So we detour to the bathroom. Minutes later, he comes out with absolutely soaked underwear and jeans. Seriously! I'm really not sure how it happened, but I guess it was good we were in a clothing store. While Adam was buying Jacob some sweats, the clerk recognized our last name and told him she had found my debit card. Thank goodness!

We made it to the movie and found some seats near the aisle. Adam got up to get popcorn and offered to take the boys with him, but they really wanted to stay in the movie theater. So that left me with Jacob and Gavin while I was trying to nurse Casey. I forgot my Hooter-hider (the best mommy invention ever, in my opinion) so I was trying to nurse with a blanket... which I'm horrible at and Casey isn't used to. Meanwhile, Gavin dropped his Alex toy from the Happy Meal and was super upset about it. He was crying, Casey was crying, and the movie hadn't even started. Thankfully, Adam came back with the popcorn and the boys were happily occupied. I had to leave a few times when Casey was fussing, but eventually he fell asleep and I was able to watch the movie.

Going out is hard work these days! I really liked the movie though, it was a great sequel. Afterward, we stopped at McDonald's to buy the rest of the Madagascar toys. I also bought mini cones for Jacob and Gavin. When we pulled into the driveway, we realized that Gavin had fallen asleep with the uneaten cone in his hand... and it melted all over himself and the car seat. Niiice.

3 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

Sounds like it was quite the day for you! Was the 2nd movie great like the first? Seth and I want to see it too

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I missed part of it, but I definitely thought it was just as good if not better than the first. Adam liked the first one better though. Go figure!

Tylertopia said...

Quite the adventure! It is really awesome that you guys went out as a family and got to share the movie. We never go to movies because Ayden doesn't like how loud it is and he covers his ears the entire time...We'll have to wait for the DVD I guess. :o)