Monday, November 03, 2008

Woody and Buzz


Gavin is obsessed with Woody and Buzz. He got Woody from my sister and Buzz from my mom for his birthday last year. I am not exaggerating when I say that he finds them first thing in the morning and plays with them all. day. long. I always try to put them back in the toy room when I'm cleaning up, but he immediately notices they are missing and gets them back out again. Usually, he just holds them or plays quietly while he moves the characters around. Today, he really wanted to bring them along for the car ride to Jacob's preschool. That was when I heard Gavin talking for Woody and Buzz for the first time.

G: "AHHHH!"
M: "What's wrong?"
G: "It too windy! AHHHH!"
M: Looks out the car window to see the crisp, beautiful (not windy at all) day.
G: "Oh no! My hat! It too windy!"
M: Realizes that he is talking for Woody.
G: "It too scary!"
M: "The wind is too scary?"
G: "Yes. The wind. I lost my hat!" Blows and blows until the hat falls off again.

Scary is a frequent word in Gavin's vocabulary, but he doesn't quite understand the meaning yet. I know because this morning I was dressing him and couldn't quite get his shirt over his head. He exclaimed, "Mommy, it too scary!" but I think he meant too small. (Unless he really was scared because I couldn't get the shirt on)

Then I took Gavin in the bedroom to say good morning to Daddy. It was pretty dark, so Gavin's eyes got big and he said, "No! It too scary!" Then he ran back into the living room. A few minutes later, he came to the bedroom door and said softly, "Mommy! Are you scared?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! Ayden loves Woody too (not so much Buzz). Ayden's Woody doll is preparing to take an adventure to visit Daddy in Iraq. I'm sure I'll blog about it. :o)