Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick-or-treat!

I just can't get enough of little kids on Halloween. I love how adorable they look in their costumes and watching the excitement bubble up in their faces. So the fact that I have a baby, a toddler, and a preschooler all dressed up this year was especially precious. I got to experience Halloween in the eyes of each of them.

Jacob and his friends took on the lead role, as they ran knocking on each door. After four years, they have this trick-or-treating thing down pat. Gavin (along with the younger siblings) tried his best to keep up, but after awhile his pumpkin bucket got heavy and he kept spilling it. Eventually he handed me his candy and just wanted to play with his glow stick as he walked. He LOVED the glow stick, swirling it all around and grinning from ear to ear. And baby Casey slept Halloween night in Mommy's little Baby Bjorn.






We've always been trick-or-treating with friends on Halloween, so we'd never made it home to pass out treats. Tonight, we were home around seven so I put a bowl of candy together for Jacob to pass out. I had no idea how much he would love it! He peered out the window and jumped up and down in excitement when he saw kids walking up our driveway. Some of the kids had been in my class, so I told Jacob to give them lots of candy. At one point, a friend who watched Jacob when he was a baby came by with her kids. We stood there talking for a long time, so Jacob kept filling the kids' bags over and over. Finally, after several rounds of candy he said, "OK that's enough. It's time to go to a new house now!"

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

The kids all look great. I love that you included a pic of K, too. I miss them.