Monday, October 20, 2008

My sweet Jacob




I thought I'd share some cute things Jacob has been saying lately as well.

*The other day, he asked me what the word shy meant. I couldn't really think of a good definition. I finally told him that when little kids don't talk or answer your questions, they are just being shy. So he was playing with Casey today and said, "Mommy, Casey is SO shy!"

*I was telling Jacob that we were going to eat at the Spaghetti Factory. He thought for a minute and said, "The old one?" I couldn't help but laugh. Then when we were eating, he exclaimed, "Mommy, this is a GREAT factory!"

*For dinner we were having leftovers one night. Jacob looked at the meal and said, "Mommy, I don't want rest-of-ours tonight." I guess it makes sense ~ like the 'rest of our' food we need to eat? It does sound a lot like leftovers!

*This is my favorite. We were talking about heaven and Jacob decided that he would go to heaven when he was 100 and then be all done when he was 105. He told me the exact order our family would go to heaven... Daddy, Mommy, Sy, Jacob, Gavin, and baby Casey. (How Sy will outlive Adam and I, I'm not sure ;) Then he said, "Mommy, when I get to heaven, I need you to give me a little squeeze." I smiled, gave him a BIG hug, and told him I would have lots of squeezes for him in heaven.

1 comment:

Heather Mattos said...

Kids do say the darndest things don't they?! I really like the "rest of ours" for leftovers..I am going to have to use that one:)